You're not alone! There are many people who want to learn God's word, but struggle with these same problems. I have been there myself.
That is why I created the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series. It is a free, flexible, and simple approach to Bible study. In fact, it is more than a Bible study series. It is a Bible study system designed to help you be intentional about your spiritual growth and teaching efforts.
In every detail, the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series has been created by considering, “What would best help people discover the truths in God's word?” So, I ask that you take a few moments to learn how this system of Bible studies can work to help you grow in your knowledge of God's word, apply it to your own life, and teach God's word to others.
A Fully Customizable Bible Study System
The Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series is designed to be fully customizable for maximum results in your Bible study. Since everyone is at a unique place spiritually, the process of your spiritual growth will not take the exact same path as everyone else’s. So, you need the flexibility and resources in Bible study that will help you take your next step in spiritual growth.
There are three main things that give the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series flexibility so you can customize your spiritual growth efforts to your unique situation. First, there are four different types of studies available, each designed to serve in a unique way (more on this in a moment). Second, there is no required order for you to study through the material that is available, so you can start your Bible study wherever you are spiritually. Third, three out of the four types of available studies have multiple formats available, so you can adapt the studies to your learning style (the children’s studies are currently only available in print format).
The Four Pillars Of The System
The Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series consists of four types of studies. Each one of these are designed to help people study God’s word in different ways.
1) Bible courses. These are the focal point of the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series. These are full-length Bible studies (approximately 40 minutes in length). They are designed for maximum learning. Some lessons are part of a series, while others are individual standalone lessons. These lessons are available in print, ebook, video, and audio formats for purchase and online for free.
2) Bible Q&A. Each lesson contains a Bible question and answer and is designed to be shorter and less comprehensive than the full-length studies (approximately 15 minutes in length). They would be used well to compliment the full-length Bible courses. These lessons are available in print for purchase. Print, video, and audio formats are also available online for free.
3) Minutes In The Word. These studies are designed as quick reads to jump start your Bible study and fit anywhere in your schedule (approximately 5 minutes in length). They are designed to be quick devotional-type studies to compliment your greater study efforts. These lessons are available in print for purchase. Print, video, and audio formats are also available online for free.
4) Children’s Studies. Adults are not the only ones who need to study God’s word. Therefore, we have developed material to aid children in their studies. Children could study these alone or with an adult to help mold their young hearts for the Lord. These studies are available in print format for purchase and online for free.
Every Lesson Is Available For FREE Online + Purchase Options
God wanted His word taught throughout this world. So, we thought the best way to help the most people is to make both free and purchase options for every lesson published in the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series. Free printable downloads, audio, and video are available at WWW.GODSAIDSO.COM. Or, you can choose to purchase the printed copy (with CD and DVD purchase options also available for the Bible courses). You may print and distribute any lesson online, provided you do not sell any lessons and do not change any of the content. Bulk discounts are also available when you purchase ten or more of the same study.
How It Works
You need to be intentional about your Bible study. So, you need to make a plan for your spiritual growth. Consider allowing the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series to help you in your process of spiritual growth. Here is a recommended process.
1) Find your starting point for studying God’s word.
2) Determine your next steps.
3) Browse the catalog of available studies and decide which studies will help you take those steps.
4) Order the appropriate studies in advance or save the webpage of the studies you want to study.
5) Study at least one Bible course lesson each week, along with intentional Bible readings (with other study material added as you are able).
Ideas For Study
There are many ways to use the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series in your personal Bible study. Because they are customizable Bible studies, look for opportunities to use them in whatever setting you have the opportunity to study. Consider just a few of the ways you can use them to help you in your Bible study.
1) Private Bible studies—Spend time reading a lesson as part of your regular Bible study, looking up the verses and considering the appropriate applications.
2) Family Bible studies—Get your entire family studying the Bible together by reading the same Bible passages and studying the same Bible subjects. You could study through these lessons together or study them separately, then come together to discuss them.
3) Small group Bible studies—Get other people in your family, church, neighborhood, etc. studying these lessons with you. Work through the lessons together and encourage each other to make the appropriate applications.
Ideas For Evangelism And Edification
There are many ways to use the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series in your personal evangelism and edification efforts, as well as and in congregational evangelism and edification efforts. Again, because they are customizable Bible studies, look for opportunities to use them in whatever setting you have the opportunity to evangelize and edify. Consider just a few of the ways you can use them to help other people discover the truths in God’s Word.
1) One-on-one Bible studies.
2) Mail to prospects/contacts.
3) Door-to-door canvassing.
4) Congregational Bible studies.
5) Mail to shut-ins.
6) Distribute to people you meet.
7) Distribute at fairs and festivals.
8) Small group Bible studies.
9) Share via email or social media
Opportunities for personal spiritual growth, evangelism, and edification are abundant. I pray that the Discovering God’s Word Bible Study Series might be of some use to you. To God be all the glory!
Finding Your Starting Point
Most of the studies in the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series are organized according to ten categories (the exception being the children's studies). This has been done to help you find the Bible studies that will help you in your spiritual growth (as well as in your evangelistic and edification efforts) the easiest way possible. These categories are:
- General Bible Studies
- The Soul And Afterlife
- The Bible
- Jesus Christ
- The Church
- Christian Living
- Books Of The Bible (coming soon)
To get started in your Bible study, you should evaluate which of these categories represent your most basic need in Bible study. For example, if you do not know who God is, you are not yet ready to seriously consider what God wants you to do to be saved or how you should live as a Christian. In this case, you should begin in category 2 and learn about God. Then, you should simply progress down this list as if you were climbing a ladder.
I have created a resource that is a main staple of the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series, called, “Answers To Life's Most Essential Questions.” This 8-lesson Bible course series covers fundamental information on each one of these 8 categories (categories 2 through 9). I would recommend anyone new to this website to begin with this study. Whether you are brand new to Bible study or have been studying the Bible for many years, I believe it will be a helpful resource for you to make sure your foundation is good as you build your knowledge of God's word.
After getting the basics in each one of these categories, spend the rest of your time in Bible study across these ten categories. Don't just study one of these categories and neglect the others. For example, you may do a study from the “General” category at least once per year, then perhaps you would choose a study on Christian living, then a book of the Bible, then a study on God, etc. Always be looking to identify areas of weakness in your knowledge of God's word and be intentional about your Bible study!
Using The Catalog
To help you navigate through the many studies available in the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series, I have created a quarterly catalog that is available as a free download. It contains all the studies that were available as of the date the catalog was published. Use it to help you plan out your studies, as well as in your evangelistic and edification efforts. And, to get the most use out of it, be sure to read the “How To Use This Catalog” section.
Ready, Set, Study!
Are you ready to get started with the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series? If you haven't already done so, take a look at the series, “Answers To Life's Most Essential Questions“. Take some time to plan out your first quarter of Bible studies and Bible readings. Make sure you set aside an appropriate amount of time for Bible study every day.
I recommend at least half an hour (though you could split this up into ten or fifteen minute segments). Spend at least 15 minutes reading a chapter or two from your Bible each day. Then, spend 10-15 minutes on a Bible study lesson. Doing that should help you complete at least one Bible course lesson each week and make significant progress through the Bible over time. Although there are faster ways to study the Bible, recognize that faster is not always better. Aim for quality in your Bible study so that you really increase your understanding of God's word, not just checking the boxes for daily Bible readings.
Always remember that progress is progress, no matter how small it may seem! The only way for you to increase in your spiritual knowledge and strength is to put in the work and be committed to it. If you will stick with it, it will be a continual source of blessings for you and the people you interact with!
If you have any questions about getting started with the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series, click here and we will be happy to help you the best we can!
Going Deeper With “People Of The Book”
If you want to go even deeper with the Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series, please sign-up to be part of my study group called, “People Of The Book.”
To find out more about “People Of The Book,” click here.
Recommended Resources For Getting Started With The Discovering God's Word Bible Study Series
Thank you for your interest in spiritual things. May God richly bless you as you study, live, and teach His word!
If we can help you in some way, click here.